Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Struggle

This is a poem that God gave me to share with our church last Mother's Day. I know some of the special women who read my blog struggle daily with the heartache of infertility. I have been there. I pray for you often. I have shared that I love to read poetry, I also love to write it. I have wrote several throughout the years and plan to share them with you as I feel lead. My poetry is not professional in any way. I write like I speak, so it is very disorganized and random. But I pray my message is clear. As I wrote this poem I couldn't help but think of Hannah. She is one of my all time favorite heroines of the Bible. I LOVE her story.




Have you ever wanted something with all of your heart?

The desire was there from the very start.

Have you ever wanted something so much bigger than you?

So you pray & you pray-what else can you do?

Have you ever had a longing so deep & so strong

My friends all have babies-what have I done wrong?

So many things in my life, I can control on my own!

But this one is different, I can’t and I feel all alone!

Our friends are all saying you need to have a family

What are you waiting for-most of them have 2 or 3?

So alone in my despair I sit and I ask

Please Lord tell me why-am I not up to the task?

Everyday on my journey-I notice expecting ladies

Do they realize the special gift that they have received in those babies?

They are a precious Gift from God and no other

Only He can decide when we become a Mother

Many of us may have waited to be a Mother for years

Our prayers were so Many as were our tears

But our God is loving and we can have no fear

Because He is there right with us every time we shed a tear

He loves us all more than we will ever know!

That is hard to imagine but the Bible tells us so

As Mothers we love our children with all of heart

But God loves them even more and that’s the Best part

So pray for your children each & every day

Then point them toward God all along the way

For each of their lives He has a plan

Pray they will seek Him every chance they can

Pray for your children even if they are grown.

They still need Him, none of us can do it alone!

God will provide though his timing is not always ours

You can put your trust in him just look at the birds & the flowers

God has given me this rhyme to share with you today

And to wish all of you Moms a Happy Mother’s Day

I shared my testimony and struggle with infertility in the entry prior to this one. My struggle of 2 plus years seemed like an eternity at that time. I know some of you have been on that journey much longer and probably have alot more wisdom than I do. I also know that at that time it was the hardest thing that I had ever gone through. In 2003 I had no idea the heartache I would face in 2010. An easy conception that ended in tragedy. I know some of you that have faced infertility have also then faced the loss of that child. The loss of that very child that you prayed & prayed & prayed for. That baby that you LOVED so much. I would LOVE to tell you that I have an answer for that. I DON'T. I am so sorry for your loss though. I have struggled with guilt as I have prayed for you. I have 3 children on earth to LOVE and raise, I know some of you that don't have any-YET. But I know God LOVES you and he has a plan for you. My prayer is that you won't loose HOPE. Please don't give up on God, he WON'T give up on you.

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27




 




No comments:

Post a Comment