Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Saturday, May 1, 2010

I saw GOD today

I saw GOD today. No, he did not come to me in the form of a man like he did for so many of my Heroes that I have learned about in Sunday School. No, he did not look like the many artistic renditions I have seen. He did not speak to me, he did not have to. I saw him in the face of a precious baby girl just over 2 days old. A baby not expected to live any longer than a few moments after the umbilical cord was cut. A baby that had so many odds against her, yet I saw her living, breathing, looking around. She even smiled at me-evidence of God's grace. A true miracle right before my eyes. This precious baby was diagnosed with Trisomy 18 just before Christmas. It was encouraged for her mommy to abort her. Take her life and not have these wonderful moments with her precious baby. Yesterday the doctors shared with the family that this baby is the 7th baby born at that hospital (in Kansas) with Trisomy 18. Out of the other 6 the longest life was 30 minutes. Can you imagine just 30 minutes? Yet God has chosen to bless this family with over 2 days. What a miracle! The doctors have not given her any hope of survival (to my knowledge). The family is planning to take her off the oxygen tonight and let her go peacefully if that is God's plan. What an amazing sacrifice! They have been an amazing testimony to our family and we have been blessed in knowing them. I am so glad God allowed me to meet their precious miracle and allowed me to open my eyes to honestly say I saw God today! Please continue to join me in prayer for this precious family for I know that God is still alive and still at work all around us!

"Seek the LORD and his strength; SEEK his face continually." 1 Chronicles 16:11

1 comment:

  1. I don't know why I do this to myself, but I decided to research Trisomy 18 and found a legacy page. I can't stop crying. I look at my two precious 8 month olds and 6 year old and know the miracle that they are, but my heart still aches for the two I lost. For me, it is a blessing that I never saw their faces. I could almost forget, but when the memory hits... I'm reminded of my gate keepers. My heart breaks for your friends. Please hold them tight and remind them that they too will have a gate keeper. God's blessings and comfort.
    Christine C. Moore

    ReplyDelete