Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My Trevor

I found this poem in a book that I am reading and I just love it. Although I know my Trevor is not an actual angel I take comfort in this sweet poem.





Lord, Today I sent my Trevor to you.


Please give him wings and let him fly.


He was so little, I hope they'll fit.


Teach him how they flutter by.


I'll miss him so, though we'd never met


And I'll never know his smile,


But you needed him and now he's yours,


He was only mine a while.


He'll never know pain


And he'll never know fear,


For I know that You will keep him near.


And now...


I close my eyes to say Good-bye


And watch him fly away to you.


Keep him Lord, and love him 'till


I come home and join you too.






"Give them wings and let them Fly"


Kymberli Weed Brady

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and hopeful poem! From the outside it seems that God is providing lots of encouragment to you, and helping you grow through and beyond your loss by providing character-building albeit painful experiences too. Stacy, keep your eyes up--I have no doubt that this is a ministry opportunity for you--and no doubt that some woman will stumble upon your writings and find Jesus BECAUSE of you! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your words. They are so encouraging to me! God has been so good to me! I have so much to share and hope to share as much as I can through my blog. Thanks for taking the time to read it. I pray that Trevor's short life will be used to bring many people to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete