Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Sunday, February 14, 2010

MY 4 EVER VALENTINE:0)

"I have found the one whom my soul loves" Song of Solomon 3:4



I met my forever valentine 16 years ago at work. He was in accounting & I did the bookkeeping for our office. He would call me at least once a week to tell me about a mistake I had made. I would quickly tell him-he was WRONG! LOL. We would have a good laugh & over time how our friendship grew. No one had ever made me laugh the way he did. At the time I was not following God & was engaged to a man who wasn't either. One day I received a phone call at work asking if I had seen that days newspaper. It seems my Romeo was not just mine. There was an engagement announcement in the paper with a photo of he and another lady. I was in total shock! We had been engaged for nearly a year. He always had a reason for us to wait a little longer to get married! He wouldn't even set the date! As it turned out he was getting married the following Saturday and not to me! Later that evening I found out about a third fiance he was to marry in a couple of months! Wow-what a day! My life had become an episode of Jerry Springer! My heart was broken! Guess who was right there for me-you guessed it my 4 ever valentine. He became a great friend! Always willing to listen! Always full of wisdom! My family quickly fell in love with him! I thought he was WAY too nice to ever be my boyfriend (what was I thinking?)! Anyway, time went on and we became the best of friends. I FINALLY realized that it's ok to have a nice boyfriend! They are supposed to be nice to you. (DUH!) I fell in LOVE and have NEVER been the same. As the years go by I just fall more in LOVE with him! In the last 2 years we have experienced some of our greatest challenges: career changes, a HUGE move leaving all of our friends and family behind and most recently the death of our child. I could not have gone through any of this without God and a Godly Mate! I am so thankful that God blessed me with Brandon aka my 4 EVER VALENTINE!

No comments:

Post a Comment