Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Her Baby is in Heaven with Jesus

As many of you know God has blessed me with a day care that I own and operate in our small town. I have the privilege of taking care of other people's blessings as well as my own 3 each day. A few days ago I noticed my daughter Kailey and another little girl her age were playing with the baby dolls. The other girl had placed a baby boy doll in her shirt & Kailey was quick to inform me that her friend was pregnant. Their game continued on & Kailey proceded to put on a lab coat & had a stethoscope pretending to listen for a heartbeat. It wasn't long before she informed her friend that her baby had died and was now in heaven with Jesus. The two girls then came over to tell me the same thing. For a moment it broke my heart. Just weeks ago this thought would have NEVER crossed Kailey's mind. They would have played the same game and a happy, healthy baby doll would have been born. Just as we were planning. But given the recent events in our home, Kailey, just like us has a whole new perspective on life & how quickly it can be taken away. She wasn't sad in any way (and yes I know these were just dolls they were playing with) but Kailey & her friend were happy & rejoicing over the fact that her friend's baby was in Heaven and being held by Jesus. It reminded me that I to should be rejoicing that my Trevor really is in Heaven being held by Jesus. It's amazing what you can learn from a child if you just take the time to listen with your heart as well as your ears.

"Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it" Mark 10:15

No comments:

Post a Comment