Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Journey to June: Twisted by Jesus

If on January 1st 2010 you would have told me that in June I would be taking a group of kids to camp, I would have thought you to be crazy! Number 1, my plan was to be having a baby in June not sweating at kids camp. Number 2, kids over age 6 scare me-lol-no I am serious God has wired me to be quite comfortable with children 5 & under. Well, guess what, sometimes God calls us out of our comfort zones. You know what happens when you go, he meets you there and that is just what happened. I guess it was about March when B received the info on kids camp. Lora W. had been as a CSM (Cross Seekers Missionary) in prior years, her sister, now old enough to attend as a camper wanted to go too. I thought to myself that could be fun (but way out of my cz) and decided to go. I knew S would want to go and we gave her the ok to invite friends. Fast forward to June. One rented green van, 7 excited kids, insufficient directions from Mapquest and away we went. What an incredible week! So much time spent in prayer and with our focus on the One who truly matters. No ipods, computers, tv or any of the other distractions that occupy so much of our time. On Tuesday night during the first invitation of the week, three of the kids in our group gave their lives to Christ. What an incredible night to be a part of! We were all so excited! Tears of joy all around! Late that night as I laid in bed, I realized had I been 9 months prego I would not have been at camp. I would not have been a part of that night. I thanked God for allowing me to be there. What an Awesome experience, what a blessing! I still get excited thinking about it! The rest of the week was wonderful! We could not have asked for a better group of kids to take to camp. Now, I don't ever want to miss Kids Camp Again. I am hooked! I have been Twisted by Jesus!

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord....." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment