Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

I think out of all of the things we celebrate Father's Day was the hardest for me for many years. It's the one holiday that always reminded me of the one thing that I did not have. My Dad. My dad left when I was an infant. As a child I had no memories of him. From a very early age I was invited to my paternal grandparents home a couple of times a year. While there I often saw a man. He rarely spoke to me and it wasn't until I was about 9 that I even knew that he was my dad. Once I knew who he was I wanted to spend time with him. Unfortunately he didn't want the same thing that I did. Many of my very Best friends were daddies girls. I wanted what they had with their dads more than anything. Unfortunately I never got that from my earthly dad. As I grew I learned to rely more and more on my Heavenly dad. He will never reject me and I can always be his girl. I cannot say that the pain is gone for there are many tears as I write this. There are many things I may never understand about my earthly father. He lives in Texas and I have not heard from him in over 9 years. I continue to pray for him often as I do still have hope that he will one day have the desire to meet my children, his grand-children. I have also learned to accept that if that never happens, it was by his choice, not mine. I do still love him with all my heart & acknowledge him as my dad every year on Father's Day. I am so thankful that God has blessed my kids with the best daddy ever. I am thankful every day that they will never have the pain of not knowing their dad. We all tell him all the time that he is the best daddy ever! Happy Father's Day Brandon. We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Stacy, I had no idea. Thanks for sharing your story and your heart. I can't imagine how hard that must have been and still is. Thankfully you had a great Mom and have a wonderful husband and dad for your children! You will have to celebrate Father's Day again when Brandon gets home! I have lots of mix left for "stepping stones" if you want to make some!

    ReplyDelete