Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Journey to June: Is daddy at Aunt Sue's house?

 Brandon, Sammy & I returned from camp on Friday June 11th. After several loads of laundry, several power outages, a video, a Sunday Morning Church Service (one of the best I have ever been a part of) and lunch we were on the road to Texas-----Waxahachie, Texas to be exact where our 2 little ones had spent the week with Nana. It was now June 13th. We arrived late that night. K was extremly excited to see us! T gave us the cold shoulder for awhile but finally gave us hugs & kisses. Monday morning found us up early. We had b-fast with Nana and then on the road again to Tulsa. The kids learned many new things at Nana's one of their favorite being a new song. We heard the "Eyes of Texas are upon us" loudly for many, many miles. When I informed Nana she was quite proud. This proved to be somewhat of a hard trip for me. The last time we had traveled this Highway was on Christmas Eve. Trevor was still with us and I was still so excited about what 2010 would bring. Now, almost 6 months later so much has changed but it still seemed like only yesterday. We were riding down that exact highway (headed for the blizzard of 2010) with Trevor in tow in his mommy's belly (just how it should be). As we passed the various landmarks, memories of that day flooded my mind. Sometimes I wish my memory were not so good or that I wasn't so sentimental. At one point tears streamed down my face, I quickly looked out the window in hopes that no one would notice. Hours later we arrived at our destination----Aunt Sue's house (as my kids call it). Uncle Brett does live there too! The next morning June 15th found us up early again. We did some last minute shopping with daddy. We took him back to Aunt Sue's house and said our goodbyes. The kids and I were trying to make it back to Bucklin, KS so K could play in her t-ball game that night. As we drove away, I was deep in thought about what the next 2 weeks might hold. I was praying again for safety for B and the team. A few minutes had passed when I realized there were sobs in the van. Sobs that were not mine, they were coming from the middle seat. As I looked back, Kailey just bursts into tears, "I want daddy", she proclaimed! It was at that moment I realized she probably didn't remember Brandon's last mission trip. He went to Africa in June of 2007 when she was only 2 and T was just 3 months old. Sammy has been through several mission trips now and she was doing ok, T still didn't realize exactly what was happening.  I told her I wanted daddy too but God needed daddy right now, God needed daddy to go far away and tell people that Jesus loves them and we needed to pray that God would keep him safe. So we did and she felt better. That night the questions from T began: "Is daddy at Aunt Sue's house?" I said yes, but tomorrow he will be leaving on an airplane. T said "Why?" To which I answered, he will be going far, far away to tell people that Jesus loves them. He said ok, Less than 2 minutes later. T asked: "Is daddy at aunt Sue's?" Again, I go through the most simple of explanantions I can. He responds with ok. Not 2 minutes later he asks the same question again. Boy, is this going to be a LONG 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment