Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Journey to June: The Baby Showers

The beginning of June meant the beginning of baby season for my extended family. My sister is expecting her first baby in August, My cousin & his wife are expecting their third baby in August within days of my sister & another cousin & his wife are expecting their third baby in October. We had planned on 4 new babies to celebrate Christmas this year. June marked the beginning of the baby showers. Two showers for the babies due in August were planned for June 5th & June 6th so my Nana from Texas would be able to attend both. I was a little concerned as I prepared for that weekend. I was only going to be able to attend my sister's shower since the other would be on Sunday but needed to shop for both. I always LOVE shopping for new babies. I am so excited about my new niece and my two new little cousins to be (both boys)! Yet there were moments when I was still sad for me. I talked to God about it often and I think that I am able to be happy for them and sad for me all at the same time and HE understands. After all, HE gave up his one & only son to die for us. If anyone understands the pain of loosing a child HE surely does! Anyway, as the day of the shower approached I was really nervous about my emotions. I prayed and prayed and prayed. I did not want the pain of my loss there that day. I did not want anything to be in the way of my sister having a wonderful shower. Again, I prayed and prayed. As I was getting ready that morning I was approached by a family member. She too has lost two precious children so I know she understands my pain. I will NEVER forget the kind words she spoke. She said: "before this day gets started I want you to know I have been praying for you". As we made eye contact, that was all she needed to say. I walked away and a HUGE burden was lifted. I knew I was going to be ok. I was going to make it through and I did. We had a wonderful day with family and friends. My sister had an incredible shower. Little Shelby is so blessed to have her for a mommy. And of course she has the best Aunt ever! lol. I am so thankful for the prayers of so many.

Evening and morning, and at noon, I will pray and cry aloud; and He shall hear my voice. Psalm 55:17

No comments:

Post a Comment