Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hey Good Lookin! My Lil Man is 3!




I can't believe how he is growing. Trenton was due March 11, 2007. I was in hope that he would be born on my Nana's birthday March 7th. On the morning of March 5th I woke up feeling great. Samantha was at school & Kailey was spending the day with me. I was doing laundry and some chores around the house at around 9:30 AM when I felt my water break. I phoned Brandon and he returned home. We made the trip to the hospital where Trenton was born around 4:45 that afternoon. It was a great day! He was born with lots of dark brown hair (he had so much more than either of the girls-it would have looked great in a bow!), dark eyes that looked almost brown and a tan like he had been at the beach. I remember my aunt bringing the girls up to see him and questioning was he the right baby? He was definitely ours! He has 2 big sisters so boys were all new to me. After those first few nights at home I just knew I was going to have to hire a helper just to do his laundry. Every time I would change a diaper he would pee EVERYWHERE on EVERYTHING! By morning there would be a mountain of laundry from the night! Onesies, pj's and blankets all stacked up. I wasn't sure what I had gotten myself in to! Between trying to care for the circumcision, the navel and keep from being peed on-he was a job! I bought these things called pee-pee tee-pees. They looked like little tents that you could put on him to keep from being peed on-yeah right. He would pee and shoot the tee-pee across the room! Those were the days! One day I started singing "Hey good lookin, whatcha got cookin" to him he just laughed & laughed. So every time he would begin to cry, I would just sing that chorus to him and instant quiet. It wasn't long before the girls would join in and sing it to him too! So that kind of became his song-even though we didn't know all the lyrics-the girls and I would just make them up as went along! So the music on here is in honor of him. Three years later and I am still so thrilled God chose me to be his mommy. His smile melts my heart. I love nothing more than those little spontaneous hugs he so often gives me. It's as if he knows just when I need them most! He loves to help-all the time! He loves to cuddle and loves to read. That's about the only time he sits still! He loves to follow his daddy everywhere! He is always ready to go on a road trip! Happy 3rd Birthday Trenton! No matter how old you are, you will always be My Lil Man!

"For this child I have prayed and the Lord hath given me my petition which I asked of Him." 1 Samuel 1:27

No comments:

Post a Comment