Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Unlikely Criminals!?

Last Friday the kids and I were preparing for a Moms Night Out that we were hosting at our church. I had planned to use the bouncy barn for all of our little friends to jump in. After talking with Brandon on Thursday evening he recommended that I get the additional extension cord that was in our storage building. On Friday afternoon Sammy, Kailey, T & I load up to head to the storage building, grab the cord and head to church. There was discussion in the van as we headed to the building. I had only been there on one occassion so I wasn't 100 percent sure which unit was ours. Kailey and Sammy both said it was one while T disagreed and said it was another. Sammy volunteered to get out and grab the cord. Sammy struggled with the lock while the three of us sat in the van looking on. I finally decided to get out and give her a hand. The lock on the unit was very small (I didn't remember that). I complained to myself about why in the world would Brandon put such a small lock on the unit. I fought the key and got it unlocked. I then had to fight to get the top of the lock out of the latch (I was still complaining to myself about why in the world B put such a small lock on the unit....I sure didn't remember that). Finally, I pulled the lock free and lifted that heavy door. Sammy and I stood in shock as we looked in that unit and then we turned looking at each other. There was stuff everywhere! I knew our unit would only contain our Season's Harvest racks and shelves. This unit contained a little bit of everything with NOTHING in boxes and I do mean NOTHING. Any one who knows the Hagins knows we believe in and USE boxes. I said "Uhhhh, Sammy this is NOT our building!" She starts to laugh. I start to try and pull down the door. It is stuck. Here we are in downtown Protection in someone elses storage unit and it is stuck open. I start to laugh. We both start laughing so hard that we can't even focus on getting the door down. In the meantime Trenton exits the van and makes his way over to us saying "I told you this wasn't the right one!" Unfortunately, once again T is right. I ask him to get back in the van. Sammy watches as I pull and push and pull and push on the door. She just laughs and laughs. I ask "What are we going to do? We can't just leave this door open." I pull and pull and finally get the door down. I quickly put the lock back on. I then cautiously open the door T had said. Sure enough there are the racks all neatly placed and the container that contained the cord I needed. I quickly grab the cord, close the door and we head to the church. I was so thankful for the laughter with my teenager. God knew just what we needed after a tough week. We both laughed so hard and suddenly nothing else mattered. Thank you God for times like these.


"A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength." Proverbs 17:22

No comments:

Post a Comment