Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Heaven is for REAL!

A Tulsa friend had recommended I read a book at the end of the year. She too had experienced miscarriages and had found great comfort in it and thought I might to. The book title is Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo. It is about a young boy whose appendix rupture. His condition is undiagnosed by doctors and he becomes critically ill. After he recovers he begins to tell his parents about meeting Jesus and spending time in Heaven. He tells them about a sister he meets while in Heaven (a baby his mom had lost in a miscarriage before he was born). I will be honest and say I was a liitle skeptical about the whole thing. I purchased the book from Amazon and began to read it. I was AMAZED! I couldn't put the book down! I too found great comfort in the book and highly recommend it to anyone who has experienced a loss. The book amazed me over & over. My friend in Tulsa who I had not seen in years could have never known the many similarities between our family and the Burpo family. Todd Burpo is a pastor. Brandon is a pastor (He wasn't when we lived in Tulsa). The Burpo family live in a rural Nebraska town. We live in a
rural Kansas town. The Burpo family live in a farming community. We live in a farming community. The Burpo family has to drive around 70 miles to get to the nearest Wal-Mart. We too have to drive that far to arrive at the nearest Wal-Mart. While these may not seem like big things it was just amazing to me how many things we have in common. I also could totally relate to Todd's wife and her feelings regarding the loss of their baby. I don't want to ruin the book for anyone---but Todd's children on earth look like him. Their son shared how the daughter they lost looked like his mom.I often wonder if my children in Heaven look like me---since our children here look so much like their daddy. I often give Brandon a hard time by saying our children here act just like him and the ones that act like me are the ones with Jesus. lol I did find great comfort in the book and look forward to the day that I will meet Jesus and be reunited with my three other children. I can't recommend this book enough! Thanks Leslie for telling me about it!

2 comments:

  1. gives me hope that we will see all our loved ones and know them when we get there,love to you all . ms melba remembered trentons birthday but has company for the week end .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been missing Hagins Happenings and didnt realize why , I guess when I deleted my friends list I also deleted it. Im such a ditz,anyway hopefuly im gettng everyone back . love all you Hagins!

    ReplyDelete