Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Trenton's First (and LAST!) trip to the OB

In my previous post I had mentioned that Brandon, Trenton and I had made the trip to the OB. What I didn't mention was that we waited in the waiting room for over 2 hours (after driving 2 hours) to see the doctor. My appointment time was 3:00. I didn't get back to the exam room until 5:10. As you can imagine T became very antsy as did Brandon. T was dancing around the waiting room doing what he does best (entertaining the ladies). When out of his mouth came the worst word I have ever heard any of my children say and in all places the OB office. I am reluctant to even share this part of the day--but Brandon insists that I must. T came out with a word that sounded much like a slang word used for a females private body part. You know the one. The terrible one ending in ssy. He shouted it. I know I turned 5 shades of red as I tried to quiet him down. B sitting nearby pretended not to know either of us. As though anyone would ever question T's relation to him. lol. Obviously this is not a word used in our home so I tried to make out what word he was trying to say. He kept repeating it over and over---louder and louder. I was mortified! Finally he said "Mama it's not a bad word Ms. Deanna said it at school today while we were playing train." I finally figured out that I think he was saying caboose but with an ey sound at the end. It was just coming out all wrong and of all places----at the OBGYN office. We finally were able to change the subject for a little while but he immediately said the word---LOUDLY as we entered the exam room. Oh how I would have loved to have not claimed him that day I was even tempted to tell the nurse he was a neighbor's kid but again--Brandon can't deny him. Oh well as usual T gave us a reason to laugh at an otherwise tense time. I thank God for my T daily--he keeps us all laughing all of the time.

"Even in laughter the heart may ache, and the end of joy may be grief."

2 comments:

  1. So cute...as long as it is someone else's kid!! LOL!! I am sure those office ladies have heard it all and they will most likely remember you the next time you are there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they have heard MUCH worse--and that's just from the adults! ;)
    I'll never forget the time we were going down the beauty aisle at the grocery store,where there were several people trying to get through, and Jacob, who was about 3, started pointed to the maxi pads yelling..MOM! DON'T FORGET THOSE! YOU NEED THOSE, DON'TCHA MOM?? I pretended I was deaf and ran to the frozen foods.

    ReplyDelete