Our Family Summer 2008

Our Family Summer 2008
Brandon, Stacy, Samantha Kailey & Trenton

Monday, September 27, 2010

I Am Sorry

I haven't written in a while. It has been a very busy time for us. I have decided busy is good in so many ways. With the challenges we have faced in our 2010, these last few weeks of busy have kept me from thinking too much. I have also felt convicted in recent days and feel as though I owe an apology to some of my past ministers. I was raised in a family that held our pastor in high esteem. He was always Loved and respected. I never remember hearing any of my family members criticize or judge our pastor or his wife. I grew up with the belief that we should always love and respect our pastor. I have recently realized that I have never told Bro Hancock and his family, Bro Brett and his family and Bro Steven and his family how much I love them and appreciate the sacrifices that they have made. I have always loved and appreciated these three families and they have all had an impact on my life. I just never thought to tell them at the time. I assumed everyone else loved and appreciated them as much as I did and that they probably heard it all of the time. I realize now, that may not have been the case and that sometimes the negative voices can be way louder than the loving ones. I just want to say thank you to them for their LOVE for the Lord and thank you for the sacrifices they make each day to follow God. I only regret not telling you at the time.

1 comment:

  1. It seems that it is always so much easier to find faults and criticize rather than pointing out people's gifts and finer qualities. And it is always easy to take for granted that everyone surely knows the nice things you think about them. .but they don't always. You guys are doing a great job with your ministry too--Just remember that the road is narrow, and few will ever find it. .but be blessed to know that you guys are walking on it!!

    ReplyDelete